We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

help for protected vhs

andje71

Likes # 0

I have some store-bought VHS tapes that are taking up space that I'd like to convert to DVD and DVR (cable box) to DVD . Some or all of them are undoubtedly copy-protected. I intend to keep the tapes as long as I have the copies, but I want to put them in storage. If not, is there another way to do this?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Easiest way is to use a DVD Recorder and VCR combo. You can play the tape and record it to dvd.

Or maybe hook up video player to pc and record to harddrive. Can't guide you on the specifics of that as to best software to use, but others will prob post with suggestions.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Most VHS films are protected with the Macrovision copy protection system,

If your player would "let you" copy it, the colours would be distorted and wavy lines would show on the video.

Devices exist (available on the web at some electronics stores) which can "stabilize" the video so it can be copied.

You can try VHS scart to TV then TV out to PC or DVD recorder this is usually better than VHS direct to DVD recorder.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Spam..

Click here & Here

Like this post
andje71

Likes # 0

You will need a DVD Recorder, and, Grex to transfer your VHS media to DVD.The copy protection I speak of is the macrovision that is causing you not to be able to get good copies of the VCR tapes.I bought a GREX (macrovision remover) for the same purpose http://www.xdimax.com/grex/grex.html

Like this post
Samilabing

Likes # 0

Duplicate File Finder will find and delete duplicate files so you won't experience lack of free disk space! Obviously you can find your duplicate file from your PC. For this just need to download “Duplicate Files Deleter” . It may be able to find this file from your hard drive.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

andje71 and Samilabing are SPAMMERS. Ignore their posts. In fact ignore the thread.

Note how andje71 posts his question then answers it (he forgot to change persona for this one.. he usually posts a response under a different username)

Samilabing is a new spammer - has only one post in forums so far.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...