We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Retrieving Garmin Nuvi Sat Nav data

Phoenix21

Likes # 0

My apologies if this query is appearing in the wrong forum.

Does anyone know how to retrieve the trip history in a Garmin Nuvi 1300 sat nav? By trip history, I mean the date and times, the roads driven along, and the various speeds of the car during the journey. I am able to connect the sat nav to my computer using a USB cable.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Number one of two

Number two of two

I know these are not exactly what you are asking for, but perhaps they might give you an idea or two as to how to accomplish your goal.

If I can find anything else to help, I will post here.

Like this post
Phoenix21

Likes # 0

Thanks, Nontek, but the information you gave me is not really relevent. I need to find the actual data from a trip I made last week, and I do not know how to access it.

Basically, the Welsh police are alleging that I broke the speed limit last week saying I was doing 40pmh in a 30pmh area. I KNOW this is not true, because I was using the screen on my sat nav system which shows the speed I was doing via satellite GPS, and at no time did I go over the speed limit. I'm wondering if I need to download some software from Garmin to access the information.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

I have a couple of nuvi, they both list recent journeys however I don't think they save any details from those journeys

Like this post
csqwared

Likes # 0

Phoenix21

If you do manage to retrieve the data it may not be sufficient to prove your case. I think you would have to establish the accuracy of the equipment you were using which, I think, would require documentation from Garmin relating to device calibration.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Wrong Hardware you are using, You should be using a Roadeye like I do

Click Hear Bit Late for you now

Like this post
Phoenix21

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat Umm - you're probably right. I can't see a way to display the details of previous journeys. I think I will take it into Halfords tomorrow and see if they can help me. Its so frustrating when you know the information is there, but you are unable to access it.

csqwared Yes, I can see your point, but if I could show there is a probability that their reading is inaccurate, then I think they would have to prove that their equipment had been calibrated that morning and was/is completely accurate.

woodchip Just had a look at your link - its a great little piece of equipment, isn't it!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad