We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows XP external hard drive.

lynette

Likes # 0

Just noticed samsung external hd is being monitored by system restore is this a default setting and is it necessary.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

No, as you only use it for backup. I would only connect the drive when required and not boot with it connected. Make sure first that no programs run from this external drive if you do boot with it connected.

system restore

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

You should forget the Change the ownership of System Volume Information as the first items will disable sys restore on your usb drive.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

You are better going into Restore and change the settings for the drive to stop it making restore points for it, this will also slow the shutdown times of your pc

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

woodchip, what I tried to say. See my posts.

Like this post
lynette

Likes # 0

Thanks for replies don't know how restore was enabled in the first place.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made