We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to scan to PC

ponytail

Likes # 0

.I am having trouble trying to scan to my laptop.I have not done any scanning for some time and now as well I have a new PC.cAN SOMEONE please advise.The printer is a Brother DCP-J315W AND the laptop is a ASUS K73A

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Do you have any photo editing software, such as Photoshop etc? If so they usually have an "Import" option to scan. Otherwise your scanner should have its own programme. have you read the manual?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

The scanner should software should have installed Twain Drivers for scanner and put icons on the desktop, when you scan you should be able to choose the Folder to Save to

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

How to scan to file using the Brother DCP-J315W

Instructions here

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Guys still trying to sort out my scanner clicked on Sea Urchins link and then followed the following procedure 1 clicked on start 2 all programs 3 Brother 4 model number 5 control center 3 6 scan 7 image

But unable to choose a destination to scan to. Any more help much appreciated

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

I have several Brother all-in-ones on various PC's, with all of them I scan from my image program Irfanview - file > select Twain source > scanning, your image program must have a similar dialogue box.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Sea Urchin's link. Instruction no: 6, Destination Folder: This is where you specify the location where the file will be saved. You may also select "Show Save As window" if you wish to be prompted each scan for the destination location to save the file.

Look at the top right of screenshot at no: 4 and put a dot/tick in "Show Save As window"

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...