We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

cannot send web page by e-mail help please

bessacarr

Likes # 0

I am using XP home SP3 with Internet Explorer on my lap top, (my big computer is down at present.

When I am on a web page & I right click on my mouse a list comes up. On my big computer one of the options is "e-mail this page". On my laptop this option appears to be missing.

I want to send web pages by my Yahoo e-mail.

Help please.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

When you right-click on the web-page, do you get Send link as one of the options? If so this is what you click onto send the page via email, after clicking on Send link your email program should auto-open.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Or ... you might see Send to, if so click on Send to and then choose - email recipient, or words to that effect.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If you're using XP you will have IE8. The on top toolbar the option is under 'File' | 'Send' | and then there's a choice

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Do you have the same email client installed on your laptop? That might be the problem.

Like this post
templar_knight

Likes # 0

With IE and XP, the option should be Send Email. Alternatively you can send via File menu > Send Link by email.

Like this post
bessacarr

Likes # 0

Hi Nontek - I have neither send link or send to or anything like it.

Lotvic & templar_knight - when I click on file and send by e-mail - it brings an Internet Connection wizard up asking for POP etc. so that's no good to me sorry.

rdave13 - not sure what you mean by email client installed. Where do I find this please?

I am no further here sorry.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You say: "send web pages by my Yahoo e-mail"

is that WebMail (you get to your email via your Browser Internet Explorer)

or do you use an email client on your pc? (Outlook Express program or another email client program)

An email client is a program installed on your pc's harddrive.

Do you have a default email program? That is the one that IE will look for when you want to send an email.

Look in IE | Tools | Internet Options | on the 'Programs' tab

Like this post
templar_knight

Likes # 0

I think you need to first set up Yahoo Mail with Outlook Express/Live Mail.

Once you are done that, you should be able to send the link.

Hope this helps.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Convincing leaked photos show iPhone 6

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014