We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Apple Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internet disconnects after Java applet loaded

rodriguez
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, surely I can't be the only one with this problem but I've searched and nothing comes up about it. Basically, whenever a Java applet is loaded all web pages stop loading and refuse to load afterwards. Nothing gets an internet connection. Absolutely no pages will load, AVG will not update and is stuck on 0 bytes/sec and it's as if the internet has been unplugged. This happens EVERY time a Java applet runs on a web page. The only way to get a connection again is to reboot the computer. Is there anything else that will solve this apart from updating Java (which I've done)?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Only thing I found so far is Norton IS 2012 and some version of Java causing same problem, maybe something there that will give you some pointers http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/NIS-2012-blocks-Java-applications-from-accessing-the-internet/td-p/535630

Like this post  
rodriguez

Likes # 0

I haven't got Norton installed but I have AVG and I discovered that when I disable it, Java loads properly without stopping the connection. So I'll have to try a few options in that to allow it to work properly. I'll mark this as solved and fix it properly when I've got time to fiddle with AVG's options. But for anyone else with the same problem, it looks like it's anti-virus related, thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad