We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Customised print layout for photos

steadman7

Likes # 0

I have been using Kodak Easyshare for many years and have customised the print layout (Position and sizes of photos on an A4 sheet) by editing a file called template.ini . I now need to use something else as I am using W7 64 bit and the old program will only run in compatibility mode and is very slow and unresponsive. (Kodak don't now offer downloadable software). As far as I can see Picasa does not enable print layout to be customised. Any recommendations would be gratefully received. Customised print layout option is a priority.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Not sure what you mean by customise, but Picasa/Tools/options gives you a variety of print sizes, but no facility to drag about on the page.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Do you have any MS Office programs? or any Word program?

Insert | Picture | from 'File' and browse to wherever you pic is on your pc

you can resize a pic by clicking on it and using the 'handles' that are in each corner. You can also drag the pic to wherever you want by hovering your mouse over it until you get the 4 arrows symbol, then hold down left mouse button and drag.

Tip: if your pics are scattered about in your files, copy the ones you want to a new folder then when you browse to that folder you can multiple select them to insert (hold down Ctrl key while you click on the ones you want)

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

You can also do this quite easily in any image editor that allows the use of layers. Paint.Net will do what you want and it's freeware

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Have a look hear for software some free

Click Hear

Like this post
steadman7

Likes # 0

Thank you all for your helpful replies. I know how to produce a specific layout using other software but this is not really ideal for a frequent requirement.Using Easyshare in the past I have been able to set up our own template which other users have then been able to select. This defines one or more frames on the A4 sheet into which the selected photos are dropped for printing. Easyshare then offers fit/fill choices etc to cope with situations where the aspect ratio of the (possibly cropped) photo does not match that of the space allocated.

In other words the customised print template becomes an integral part of the Easyshare application.

Thec only problem with this is that the old version of Easyshare that I have been using runs painfully slowly on my otherwise very quick new PC.

I am hoping to obtain a recent version of the Kodak disc, which hopefully will run OK on W7 (64), and then modify the ini files in the same way as the earlier verion I have used thus far.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Like this post
brambles

Likes # 0

http://kodak-easyshare-win.en.softonic.com/

Free Download of Latest Version here.

Brambles

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

I think that brambles' link only applies to Windows XP. Kodak Easyshare version 8 should be fine with Windows 7 64 bit.

Downloadable from here

Also, running it in compatibility mode seems to be a little more involved than just using the compatibility tab. A Microsoft guide here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow