We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows Defender wont load-0x8007024. AVG problem?

buel

Likes # 0

Hi, I have uninstalled my friend's antivirus so i can get Defender to be the main antivirus. However, i get the message that it wont load with the code of 0x8007024. Just out of interest, AVG doesn't load on Revo uninstaller but when i type it into the Windows search bar, lots of AVG items appear, such as AVG console defragmentation, AVG disc cleaner, AVG tunep 2011 etc etc.

Could this be the problem? Thank you.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Windows defender is more an anti malware program than a anti virus program

MSE is microsoft's anti virus program.

I presume you removed AVG and still have parts left.Best thing to do would be to reinstall it then get revo to remove it completely using setting 4.

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

Hi, the antivirus i removed was Macafee, not AVG? Thank you.

Like this post
buel

Likes # 0

So what can i do to remove all the AVG programmes please? (I didn't know that they did all those other choices too- Their own gefragmenting tool etc etc)

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

Its unknow what you removed However AVG componrntd had cleary been installed at some stage. clearly shown by AVG tuneup 2011

This whilst from AVG as as far as I know as seperate progam from the AV

This does all the etc, you have listed inc Defrag and fall details are on their site

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

For Windows defender problems go into Services and scroll down to windows defender and make sure it is set to automatic and is running.If not set it to start.

I would give MalwareBytes a run as the problem can be caused by a Virus/Trojan.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad