We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

chrome new tab shows history how to disable please

patso
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi I have this problem with google chrome,when you restart the browser even against your wishes or using c cleaner when you open a new tab all your history is still there even banking details,i dont think this should be a part of any programme no matter what unless the user has the choice to enable this function,how can i disable this function and i dont mean adding an add on made by google either,thanks

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I found out the url is, chrome://flags you might find a setting there you can alter.

http://www.howtogeek.com/104631/find-hidden-features-on-chromes-internal-chrome-pages/

Like this post  
Woolwell

Likes # 0

As far as I can find it isn't an option to turn off most visited. However by using an extension eg new-tab-redirect it is possible to set it so that a new tab opens up blank (about:blank)

Like this post
patso

Likes # 0

thanks again for all the replies,i have a better idea,how about we all stop using chrome because of this issue and then maybe they will listen to their users and sort this shocking piece of software out,it woulldnt happen with any other software provider,especially when its so important privacy is the main thing we all want when using our computers on line,thats why we have anti virus and malware progs,to keep us safe,does google realise this ? they would sort this out soon enough if we all blanked their prog and reverted back to ie,it seems to me all google do is record all our tracks so they can send our deytails on to advertisers,if anyone out there has an account with them check your account and disable the box that says they can send your details on to 3rd party advertisers,no joke. regards again patso

Like this post
patso

Likes # 0

thanks for all the replies,i am using the blank tab suggestion above its a chrome add on also using the incognito which is good too. Cheers

Like this post
patso

Likes # 0

thanks for all the replies,i am using the blank tab suggestion above its a chrome add on also using the incognito which is good too. Cheers

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

patso , something to look at, google clean.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......