We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Disappearing iMesh saved Downloads

TN

Likes # 0

I have downloaded quite a few downloads into the iMesh Library. When I open iMesh they are listed in the Library OK. But according to the Tools/Preferences they are NOT in the file which I have selected. I have tried searching the computer for some of the titles I know are somewhere but there are no results. Has anyone any idea where they could be hiding when a search can't find they. The are NOT on line as I can play them when not connected. If it makes any difference I am running Windows 7 professional with lots of memory and free disk space. The reason I am looking for them is to transfer a few to my MP3 player.

Like this post
iMesh Support

Likes # 0

Hi TN, I am from iMesh customer support and will do my best to help you.

The iMesh library songs are located locally on your computer, you can find\change the location by going to: 'Menu > Tools > Preferences > Library & Downloads'.

The Default download folder is usually on 'My Documents\My Music\iMesh' . (in case you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, the default downloads folder is located at: 'C:\Users\Music\iMesh')

Since the files are saved locally, they are not suppose to be deleted upon re-installing the application.

I hope that helps. If you have any further questions, please reply to this post and I will do my best to assist you.

Like this post
TN

Likes # 0

Many thanks for your help - I still have the same problem - I'll give you one example: I downloaded 10cc Rubber Bullets - When I go to the search on Imesh, I'm told this is in my library already - when I go the the Library (where you said it was) most of my downloads are there but some like the 10CC one aren't - I just have had a thought: the 10cc one is actually a video. Should the videos be in the same place in the computer? In the iMesh listing there is a file named Videos but there is nothing in it! My apologies for giving you all this trouble but the music is for the wife and she is not pleased that I can't get the music she wants ;-( Thanks again

Like this post
iMesh Support

Likes # 0

Hi there,

The music videos indicated with the Purple Video icon are streamed from YouTube.

You can add them to your library for easy re-access and add them to playlists. However you can not save these videos as files, as they are links only.

Free Peer-2-Peer downloads from other iMesh users are indicated with the green icon. These are files and are downloaded directly to your download folder on your pc or laptop.

I hope that this helps

Like this post
iMesh Support

Likes # 0

Hi there,

The music videos indicated with the Purple Video icon are streamed from YouTube.

You can add them to your library for easy re-access and add them to playlists. However you can not save these videos as files, as they are links only.

Free Peer-2-Peer downloads from other iMesh users are indicated with the green icon. These are files and are downloaded directly to your download folder on your pc or laptop.

I hope that this helps

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Just a thought, so tell me to go away if you wish . There might be some confusion about libraries? I assume iMesh has a library list but then so does Windows 7. If TN clicks on start, then on the top right, clicks on TN's name ( not documents, music etc.), in the window that opens you get to the proper folders (not Win 7 libraries). Ie, Downloads, MY Documents, MY Videos etc. They might be found there.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more