We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to install Epson printer drivers on a HP mini 200 netbook

julius44

Likes # 0

Hello and good morning to you all. Could someone kindly point me in the right and correct direction please. Ive got an HP mini 200 nebook that runs windows 7 starter edition, I need to install the drivers for an Epson wireless printer SX235W. Obviously the netbook does not have a CD drive, so HOW can i install the drivers needed for the netbook please??

Many thanks Jules

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Let Microsoft install them.just plug the printer into the usb slot and then start the computer.Microsoft should install the drivers for it.

Like this post
The Old Mod

Likes # 0

You need to visit the Epson website, click on support and select your printer, make sure that the operating system is correctin the window, then download and install the software that you require.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Like this post
julius44

Likes # 0

Ok thanks you all for your responses, also as the operating system is windows 7 starter edition would this be a problem?? When i've gone to the epson website, it askes for operating system, xp, vista, windows 7 32 bit, and windows 7 64 bit, .........as there is No windows 7 starter edition from drop down menu, would I just take windows 7 32 bit???

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I Just installed a HP Printer a fortnight ago and I did not need to search for drivers.Microsoft found them and installed them.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Is it Win7 or Linux

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Jock1e - this is a printer/scanner and it will need Epson's software. Far better to download from the Epson site.

Fairly sure that it is 32 bit W7.

Like this post
The Old Mod

Likes # 0

I'm sure it will be windows 7 32 bit.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good