We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

wireless router problem or not?? plzzzz help 1st time ever on a forum :)

julesoafc

Likes # 0

Hi all please can i explain my problems and beg for an answer? i'm not a novice but this is bugging me :( i have a netgear WNR2000 router which was working fine with 3 laptops and an old style xbox with plug in wireless adaptor. I've since bought a new laptop and xbox special edition with built in wireless adaptor. The new laptop keeps saying " trying to recover webpage" occasionally but not all the time and the NEW xbox won't connect at all to the internet/xbox live? it wont see it at all but the old one works fine upstairs or down & connects straight away?? Netgear say 2009 router is old and needs upgrading and tech guys at my work say it should work but they DON'T know what to do hence them asking you guys?? plzzzzzzz help MANY thanks.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

It's possible that these problems are related to the router's DHCP server.

If I read your post right you have used quite a few machines on this router, and it might be an idea to access the router's configuration page and delete any machines that are still registered, but no longer used.

That may not be the answer, but it can do no harm, and might just help.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers