We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I just ran the 'Resource and Performance Monitor' on Windows 7

Graphicool1
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi I just ran the 'Resource and Performance Monitor' in Windows 7 and it came up with the following information...

"The device, SBRE, is reporting "tvConfigMgrErr24". This device will not be available until the issue is resolved. The Plug and Play ID for this device is ROOT\LEGACYSBRE\0000"

I looked in 'Device Manager' to see if I could track down this device. Initially I couldn't find anything. So I clicked on 'View' and 'Show Hidden Devices' and among the hidden devices one was flagged with an exclamation mark 'SABRE'.

Device Type: Non-Plug and Play Drivers

Manufacturer: Unknown

Device Status: This device is not present,is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.(Code 24)

Service Name: SBRE

Display Name: SBRE

Current Status: Stopped

(There are two buttons, one says 'Start' the other is greyed out and says 'Stop'.)

Startup Type: System

(At the bottom of this panel there is another greyed out button, which says 'Driver Details')

Question: Can anyone throw any light on this. Should I be concerned or just ingnore it?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Like this post  
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Thanks for that, it has now gone. However, it doesn't explain how it got there in the first place? As I haven't used AdAware!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...