We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IE9 open problem

mo66ie

Likes # 0

Can somebody out ther please tell me how i can open links in a new window without having to right click and choosint the option.There doesn't seem to be an option from the tools>iternet option>advanced tab.

Also Can somebody tell me how I can get rid of the irritating bar at the bottom of e-mails telling me that 'only secure content is displayed'.

Many thanks.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Tools, internet options, general tab, 'change how web pages are displayed in tabs' settings tab, 'open links from other programs in:' dot the button for 'a new window'.

Second question answer hopefully.

Like this post
mo66ie

Likes # 0

Hi rdave13 Had a look and the 'open in a new window' is already dotted. :-( Regards Allan

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try the ' Always open pop-ups in a new window', just above.

Like this post
mo66ie

Likes # 0

Hi rdave13 That worked. Manny thanks. Regards Allan.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...