We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IE9 Problems, Website not responding

compumac

Likes # 0

Win 7 IE9

Recently been having problems with initially this website stating "WEBSITE NOT RESPONDING". Subsequently other websites also started to show the same dialogue box. Sometimes it does connect, but very slowly. I had reset IE9 and for a time it seemed to be working OK. Today I met with the same problem and reset IE9, ran Emsisoft Antimalware and also NIS 2013 scan, CCleaner and disabled alladd-ons. The problem is still there, albeit it seems OK for a while and then returns - all within minutes. Disabled Antimalware and NIS 2013 for five minutes

Any suggestions?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Possibly a slow or poor internet connection. If using a router have your tried resetting it?

You could also clear browser cache and flush the dns.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Woolwell, Sorry but I had prior to this posting created a posting that was not uploaded to the website and in that first posting I had indicated that other PC's using the same connection do not have the same problem.

I have also cleared the cache without any change.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Woolwell, Sorry but I had prior to this posting created a posting that was not uploaded to the website and in that first posting I had indicated that other PC's using the same connection do not have the same problem.

I have also cleared the cache without any change.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I'm having similar problems and also on Firefox and another PC running XP. Clicking the you tube link in Google's home page I get to You Tube. When I start typing a word in its search bar then IE and Firefox freeze then recover and I can then continue. Some other sites also have similar problems. I'm running Safari at the moment and, so far, it's running ok. Could be something to do with the last round of updates?

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

I have reset the router but just the same. I now find that my second PC is displaying the same problem. I have a spare BT Home Hub 2 and will see if that makes any difference.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

I have changed the BT Home Hub2 and so far one hour both of the affected PC's are working as they should. Keep my fingers crossed.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

compumac, try this as a favour to me. Go to Google's home page and select You Tube from the Google bar. When in You Tube's home page start typing anything in the search bar to see if the browser freezes for a while. Thanks.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

rdave13.

Did as you asked and no problem displayed at all, typed away to my hearts content.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

rdave13 - No problems with Youtube and IE9 for me.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Thanks for that. I have no problems in Safari but will try IE and Firefox again. Thanks again.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow