We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sound doesn't work after removing front panel?

Nyx

Likes # 0

Hey :)

The front panel (the thing with the USB & audio ports at the front) didn't really work so I decided to open up my PC and remove it. It was obviously connected to the main board so I just unplugged it and took it out and now the sound on the PC does not work. There is no error shown at all. The PC shows that there is sound coming out but nothing comes out of the speakers (which were always plugged in at the back anyway).

I assume I have to turn something off int he BIOS but I have no idea really.

Can someone help with this? :)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I suggest you look to see what model/make of motherboard and Bios version you have and then download the manual and diagrams for it so you can see what connections are necessary for the sound.

Like this post
Nyx

Likes # 0

My motherboard is the "Foxconn Flaming Blade GTI".

What I don't understand is why the front panel would be essential for sound. It doesn't make sense to me but I'm no expert.

Like this post
Nyx

Likes # 0

I found the manual online which can be obtained at: http://www.foxconnchannel.com/driverdownload/Motherboard/Intel/Socket1366/Flaming%20Blade/Manual/Flaming%20Blade%20Series-Manual-En-V1.1.zip

I checked through it but I can't find any solution. :(

Like this post
Peter

Likes # 0

Nyx,

Perhaps you dislodged something (plug, cable, connector, etc.) when you removed the front panel item.

If you think/find that this is not the problem try putting the front panel item back in place and connect it up.

Peter.

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

Have you tried reinstalling the sound driver? The rear sound ports are not usually dependent on any other cables being plugged in to the motherboard. Perhaps simply the change in setup has somehow upset the driver.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

With the motherboard manual - it was so you would know which connections to check. I wonder if the pc 'thinks' you are listening through the Headphone connection if that's on the front panel.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If it as sockets for earphones at the front and mic removing these are the most likely cause other than above you removed wrong cable off motherboard

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more