We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

NIGHTMARE this Epson 1260 scanner installation.

laptopdunce

Likes # 0

I managed to the the Epsopn scanner 1260 finally installed well on my XP laptop, by following all the procedures int he start-up guyde. BUT on the vista laptop it takes a long time for the CD rom to install all theprogrammes and then when I connect the 1260 scanner to it it STILL keeps coming up with "driver cannot load" "look for manual download of Epsn 1260 Twain 5 download. Have been through this 4 or 5 times, its a real pain in the a**e!!! this scanner will NOT connect to te CD rom properly but it works perfect on my Windows XP laptop -= I just dont know WHAT TO DO NOW!!! as this scanner was working FINE before I recovered all the system and installed SP2 on the Vista. What on earth can be wrong here?? the driver MUST be in the CDrom as it loaded it in fine on the XP laptop, Oh, I am utterly sick to death of this!!! LAPOPDUNCE

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I had the same sort of problem last week with an HP printer.I removed it as I did not think that I was going to use it again for a few months and it was a bit of a nightmare reinstalling it again as someone wanted a document printed out.

I ended up removing all details of HP Printer and the driver from the computer then followed the directions from the booklet for installing and this time it started up Ok.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Have you tried downloading the V5 TWAIN driver? Try the Epson American site From Here

Also follow the previous post by Jock1e

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Have you tried downloading the V5 TWAIN driver? Try the Epson American site From Here

Also follow the previous post by Jock1e

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

When I installed my Epson 1260 om my Windows 7 (64 bit) machine, I was told that Epson didn't have a driver for this. I was directed to Vue Scan and have been using this problem free for over 2 years.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert