We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

http://searchfunmoods.com/ has hijacked my Broswer

TonyTT
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi

Whenever i open Chrome it goes to the following:

http://searchfunmoods.com

instead of Google.

I have no idea what it is and want rid of it. I have looked for it in "Programs" but nothing looks like it to uninstall. I have changed my default search engine in Chrome Settings, but it doesn't change anything. I have done a Norton scan....again, nothing,

Any help much appreciated.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Get Malwarebytes Free Version Download - During installation it has the option to install a trial version of the PRO version ticked. It is up to you if you want to deselect it.

Once installed and fully updated (Seperate Tab) run a quick scan which will almost certainly get the problem. Make sure all the boxes are ticked and "Remove Selected" Then reboot the computer.

Open your browser and if you are still going to the same homepage as before manually choose another homepage and set it as default.

Finally open the browsers Tools>Manage Add ons. Check Search Providers and remove anything relating to FunWeb or Funmoods.

Like this post  
TonyTT

Likes # 0

Taff

Thanks mate. That sorted it.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

No problem. "Fun" products are very common on client machines and they take over as you described and slow down internet access dramatically because everything is redirected via their search engines that provide them with income.

Usually, this is down to teenagers who download games, emoticons and useless toolbars or "Cool" gadgets. Even adults are tempted by them! Disaster area.

Malwarebytes just needs to be updated and run occasionally to get rid of the problem. Either that or get rid or the kids! ;o)

Like this post
DaveBz

Likes # 0

Malwarebytes removed Funmoods toolbar but something still redirects to searchfunmoods.com and start.funmoods.com in IE. I have removed this redirect from chrome using manual removal and video from here http://remove-funmoods.com/how-to-remove-funmoods-from-chrome-browser/

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Open IE and go to Tools, then manage add ons. (Particularly the Search add ons but check others too) Having checked there look at the home page and if that is taking you to funmoods at all simply change it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen