We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Grrr!!! need to install IE9 for vista but only have SP1

laptopdunce
Resolved

Likes # 0

I tried to open my gmail acocunt and the Asus laptop I have jsut recovered to factory settings says that my IE browser is not up to date, it should be upgraded to IE9 for vista, but I have an older version with only Service Pack 1 installed, it says in "system info" that I have Vista home basic 6.0.6001 Service pack 1 build 6001 installed, so my question is: is there a link ( I seem to remember using one before with the Acer windows XP laptop ) to install the correct service pack for the IE9 version? Grrr!!! this is taking forever to get it all back up to date, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Click on the Service Pack Center and make your selection for Vista enter link description here

Like this post  
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

OK, I can see that it is only SP2 that is avaialable for a windows Vista 32bit currently running SP1 so I am tryng to download that now, will see what happens., hope IE9 will be able to load after this, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Got IE9 and SP2 now installed and it seems to be much better!! GREAT!!! thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Got IE9 and SP2 now installed and it seems to be much better!! GREAT!!! thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

dont know what happened there, its taking ages and ages to post my reply and I must have clicked on the mouse several times before the page timed out, anyway the other laptop, the Asus, is now running IE9 with SP2 very well, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback