We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how do I set my own picture as home page?

laptopdunce
Resolved

Likes # 0

Thanks to Fruitbat for sending me the links on how to do a system restore on my Asus Laptop, It has now set to a C & D drive with factory settings, I am in the process now of re-installing the CD roms for my printer etc., I would like to put my own choice of photo as the home page, how do I do that? its a Windows Vista laptop, I seem to remember it was something in the control panel but I cant think where?? Also I want to delete alot of the factory installed Asus programmes like the games and geeksquad and all the rubbish I never use, is it recommended to do this from the control panel? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Rdave, I got the 32 bit service pack installed OK and I have found out how to add the icons on the toolbar for the most fequently visited websites on IE9, seems to be working quite well now, but have a big big problem with reloading my Epson scanner CD rom, will make a new post in Tech forum about this...., thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

thanks for that, I managed to get the 32bit XP2 donwloaded OK and the IE9 is running quite well now, but have a BIG problem with reloading the CD rom for my Epsin scanner, will make a new post about this,,, thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post
nobrains154

Likes # 0

Regarding the desktop personal photo, easiest way is right click on the photo, a drop down box appears, click on set as desktop background, all done.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made