We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

USB stick through the washer

immer

Likes # 0

A keyring with my usb sticks has been through the washer (thanks to my domestic goddess being so keen - I said "Oh Bother" but in anglo saxon !) - anyway I put them into a jar of dried rice to try get them back. How long do you think I should wait before I'm brave enough to see if I've lost everything, & has anyone else experience of this disaster ? or any other fix to the problem please?

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Did it once and stick worked fine afterwards.

Like this post
immer

Likes # 0

yes, but how long did you leave it to dry?

Like this post
johnincrete

Likes # 0

I left a stick in trouser pocket when they were washed. I assumed it was ruined and got another. But, while I was waiting for some printing to finish, I tried it just out of curiosity and there was no problem at all and it is still in use! It had been in a drawer for two or three days.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

an hour in the airing cupboard to dry (do not overheat) so do it.

Like this post
immer

Likes # 0

Thanks Everyone. They seem to have dried out & no harm done.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED