We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Recommendations for wireless Keyboard/Mouse combo

compumac

Likes # 0

I now think that my current wireless combo will have to be put into the spares cupboard and am looking for inspiration for a replacement set. Any suggestions/recommendations?

Original posting on problems http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/tech-helproom/4164410/ms-1000-wireless-mouse-intermittent-movement--lethargic/

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

A nice find Woolwell but maybe a bit complicated for me.

I don't usually run both computers at the same time so I was looking for something like this.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plugable-USB-2-0-Port-Hub/dp/B005HKIDF2/ref=pdsxpgridi2_2

Connect that to the computer that I am using and plug my wireless connection into one of the connections and connect another usb cable from the other computer and the other end on to the double usb connector.

Now would that work or am I liable to blow up both computers.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Kock1e. Just take the wireless receiver out of the one PC and put it into the other, this is what I did when my wireless setup starting acting up then and vice versa.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

compumac

Just a little bit awkward doing it that way as there is not a lot of room getting into the back of them.

I was hoping to get a permanent solution to save me from doing it that way.Mind you getting another cable and leaving it on the desk would save a lot of problems,So I might give that a try.That was a better idea than my previous solution.

I don't suppose you can actually buy another wireless receiver or would you need to buy the exact same mouse again and just use the receiver from it.

I noticed last night that Amazon I think it was sell separate receivers but would they work with my Logitech system.

Now found this on Amazon and it looks the same as the one I got with the keyboard and mouse.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ORIGINAL-Logitech-Unifying-Receiver-Replacement/dp/B005GB31PE/ref=sr19?ie=UTF8&qid=1350117595&sr=8-9

Do you think that would be all that I need.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Woolwell

have a look at the customer reviews for the Mouse,pretty poor.

Wireless mouse

I have no problems with it works ok for what I need it for.

Might even buy another one at that price that I can use on my other computer.

Saying that I presume it would also pick up my keyboard as well.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Reading between the lines that rceiver would not work with my set up.

I can get the proper one from Lgitech for £10 but just wondering if I bought the exact same mouse would it also pick up my keyboard as well or just the mouse.

Just trying to clear this desk up a bit as it is getting a bit crowded.

Not ruled out your idea yet just trying to find a better way so that nothing has to be moved.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I have had the mouse for 9 months. Absolutely no problems at all with it. It works smoothly and is much better for battery life than the HP wireless mouse I had a couple of years ago. Logitech Setpoint software allows you to do some customisation.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Update to my original problem where my wireless mouse was moving jerkily.

I have a new wireless Microsoft Comfort keyboard and mouse, this seemed to have cured the jerking of the mouse initially but it does now seem to have returned. I am considering the possibility of some wireless interference from, possibly my speakers albeit they are in exactly the same position as they have always been. The receiver for the wireless mouse has always been on the rear of the PC in close proximity to the woofer, and I have now moved the receiver to the front of the PC in straight line view of the mouse/keyboard and there might be an improvement to the jerkiness of the mouse. Could this be my imagination or is there some possible interference?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I know I don't need to use it but I got a cable connection to use with my usb Wireless receiver and keep it on the desk beside the keyboard and mouse.

I know it works Ok if plugged into the Computer without the cable but thought a little nearer could cause no harm.

Ran Windows Update yesterday and had an update for them so maybe give that a run.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...