We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Recommendations for wireless Keyboard/Mouse combo

compumac

Likes # 0

I now think that my current wireless combo will have to be put into the spares cupboard and am looking for inspiration for a replacement set. Any suggestions/recommendations?

Original posting on problems http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/tech-helproom/4164410/ms-1000-wireless-mouse-intermittent-movement--lethargic/

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Jock1e. I have three PC's all with wireless keyboard and mouse and have not switched any of them of for .... yonks. I use rechargeable batteries as when I first purchased a wirless keyboard the general consensus was that the batteries did not last long. I would leave them switched on if you use the PC every day and frequently.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

In my HP wirelss keyboard and mouse I use rechargeable batteries and I get about 4 months from the keyboard and 2 from the mouse and it is left on all the time.It has a warning that comes up to tell me the batteries need replacing

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I've had the same keyboard as Jock1e now has for 9 months and I haven't changed the keyboard battery and it is still showing good and the mouse I've changed once.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Ok thanks for the information will keep them switched on.

It would Probably do more damage than good switching it off and on.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It wont hurt. Just remember which I cannot!

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I have the same problem myself I could not sign in the other day because I could not remember my password.

Luckily I had it wrote down in a book just to be in the safe side.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Just had a thought.

I have 2 computers could I use a cable splitter of some sort to let me use both computer with the one wireless set up.

My logic says yes but what do you lads think.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Of course I meant a usb cable splitter of some sort.Maybe not then.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Should be possible with a KVM switch. But I haven't used one for this purpose. Better ask some of the others.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Another idea Mouse without borders No idea how good it is though.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Contactless payments to launch on London public transport this year

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

NASA offers free 3D models of satellites, probes and planets for 3D printing and animation projects