We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Recommendations for wireless Keyboard/Mouse combo

compumac

Likes # 0

I now think that my current wireless combo will have to be put into the spares cupboard and am looking for inspiration for a replacement set. Any suggestions/recommendations?

Original posting on problems http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/tech-helproom/4164410/ms-1000-wireless-mouse-intermittent-movement--lethargic/

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Jock1e

If you look at the enlarged display on the Amazon site for the Logitech keyboard you will find that it shows a non-English script on the keys. I got caught out in that manner years ago. The despatched unit might not be the same but.......

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Same product Dabs com but you have to add vat and delivery.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

compumac

Thanks for that I never notices my eyesight is not that great.

Went for it and ordered it from Dell £34.04 including free delivery.

lets hope that I get on all right with it.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Jock1e - Hope you like it. Feel rather responsible. Should be plug and play but you can download Logitech Setpoint which allows you to customise buttons.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Like I said Woolwell I had been looking at it during the last week so your post finally made my mind up for me.

I was going to buy a cheap keyboard and mouse for my other computer as they were not very good and came in a package deal.So I will just swop them over and put the new one's on this computer.

Like this post
dangerusone

Likes # 0

I bought one a couple of years ago from Aldi for about £15, brand Medion and haven't had a bit of trouble so far. I have only had to change the batteries a couple of times.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Well just got an e-mail from Dell saying it will be delivered tomorrow.

Not bad as it was free delivery and only ordered it yesterday afternoon.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Just an update in my selection: In the end I purchased the Wireless Microsoft Comfort 5000 keyboard and mouse for £45. It is the one with a curved keyboard and I was a little apprehensive at first buying something a bit different .The mouse in the first instance I thought was a bit too large, but after three of four hours of use I have begun to appreciate its smoothness of movement.

The keyboard has row of keys for accessing your favourite programmes/websites although I know you can put short cuts on the screen. I did imagine that it would take up more room than a conventional keyboard but only in respect of the wrist board.

Overall quite pleased.............................(so far)

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

compumac

Like you mine arrived today and I am using it now.Unlike yourself I find the mouse to be a little on the small side apart from that all is ok.

It will probably take a while for me to find out what all the keys are for but a big improvement from my last one.

Just measured the mouse and it is the exact same size as my other one but a bit slimmer.

Just a question before I go are you supposed to switch the keyboard and mouse off at bedtime or leave them switched on.

As you can tell it is my first wireless set up so not sure what to do yet.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

If you switch them off the batteries will last longer. I don't bother with the keyboard and usually forget the mouse. I find that if I've switched them off I've forgotten that I've done it and spend a few seconds wondering why the mouse doesn't work!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch R video review: The most desirable Android Wear smartwatch

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming th)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad