We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Epson printer - delay in printing

Glen
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have an Epson SX400 all-in one, and am using alternative inks. When I photocopy there is no problem, but when printing from the PC there is a very long delay, followed by a message warning that I am using non original inks etc etc, and do I wish to continue. I click yes, and it prints immediately. Can I bypass this delay, and the message, and print rather more speedily. Glen

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Something for you to try enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Should have added that I don't think using compatibles has anything to do with slow printing (I have used nothing else for years) or the delay in printing and I am not sure if there is a way around seeing your error message.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

How are you connected to the printer?

Like this post
Glen

Likes # 0

Thanks Guys for advice, but no luck so far.Tried the link and got as far as "Speed and Progress" but no Status Monitor could be found. Only "Show progress Meter" which when unchecked entirely stopped printing.When I re-checked the tick had re-appeared. In answer to you, I am connected by USB cable and using Vista Business. The message I get, after waiting for 60 to 75 seconds, starts "You have not installed genuine Epson Ink cartridges" and ends up "Continue using this ink?" I then click "Continue" and printing is immediate and speedy. I have been buying ink from IJT. I would be glad of any further ideas Glen

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Epson Software built into Driver is what's slowing it down as you are using compatible ink. It is reading the Ink before it starts to print to see how much Ink is in Carts, and comes across the compatibles, then sends up the message. all this takes time

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

7 lessons Apple could learn from Microsoft (yeah, you read that right)