We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

More spam e-mails every day

Jock1e
Resolved

Likes # 0

Getting quite a lot of spam e-mails on my MSN e-mail account.

19 this morning.Should explain that I am using Windows Live mail and the problem is they are all going into the junk folder which does not get emptied for 10 days so I remove them daily.

I know that you can set it to permanently delete but I have lost a few e-mails that way that are needed.

Because they go straight into the junk folder Mailwasher Pro does not pick them up that only works on the in box.

Tried changing the Password just to be on the safe side but that made no difference.

It is getting worse every week and it is only the one e-mail address that is having the problems.

Any ideas as to what can be done or is it just a case of removing the e-mail address which I have used since I got my first computer.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Any ideas as to what can be done or is it just a case of removing the e-mail address which I have used since I got my first computer."

That's exactly what you should do. All of these big email providers are obvious spam targets, and there's very little that can be done to eliminate the problem altogether. Spam volumes tend to rise and fall over time, depending on how many spam sources are detected and stopped by the FBI and other authorities around the world. They only have to knock out one big spam source and all of us will see a benefit within a day.

Unfortunately the effect doesn't last - spammers are nothing if not resourceful, and someone is soon up and running to fill the gap.

Change your email address, and be very picky about who you pass it on to.

Like this post  
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

Ok Thanks for the information I thought that it would be something like that which I would have to do.

There are a few companies that I deal with when buying from the Internet so looks like I will have to go round them and change my profile.

Those are usually safe places to buy from but you never know.

Will go get another e-mail address thanks for your help.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room