We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how do I do this on internet explorer?

laptopdunce

Likes # 0

I have the lastest versin of IE on my windows Vista laptop, I tnink it is version 9, but since installing this I have lost the top bar with all the little icons for my most visited websites, (ebay, PCadvisor etc, hotmail, etc.,) which I could add from the Yahoo homepage's custom aps thing, I only have a small narrow top bar now with no icons on for opening my favourite websites/email servers, how can I get these back, I have been into the tools on the top of the page and made the internet options use yahoo as the default home page but I cant find a way to add the little icons I used to have on the old style toolbar at the top, is it possible to get this old style toolbar back?? or how do I add a "tool bar" and add little icons for various websites/links? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE (I posted this under windows Vista section but I think that was the wrong forum to post this question in??)

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Right click on the narrow bar and see if you have Menu Bar, Favourites bar, Command Bar and Status bar all ticked.

Like this post
laptopdunce

Likes # 0

Hi, thanks for that, yes its worked and I have been able to add the various favourites like ebay and youtube with the little yellow star on the far left when I type in the URL of each favourite link I want to add. seems to be working fine now thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

You're never alone with a clone: How the App Store got taken over by copycats

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded