We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Replacement laptop Battery 4200mAh,5600mAH and higher eg 8800 mAh

Sparkly
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi could someone shed some light on this please my sister has an HP G61 laptop and the battery has had it she has been looking around to buy a replacement one but they come in different power, this is her email to me

Our HP battery gives a figure of 4200mAh. There are some quoting 5600mAH and higher eg 8800 mAh. Does it matter which one I pick? Some of them also state 6 cells and 12 cells.The part number on the battery is 484170-001 Basicly if her battery is a 4200mAh 6 cell would a 5600mAH and higher eg 8800 mAh 6 cell or 12 cells work perfectly ok but just giving a longer battery life. Many thanks.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

No, as long as it is the correct one for the battery model, the other will allow her to use the laptop longer on battery power

Like this post  
Sparkly

Likes # 0

Thanks woodchip trying to tick as correct/solved.

Like this post
Sparkly

Likes # 0

Well managed to tick as solved (in Chrome) but IE9 not allowing it. Thanks again Woodchip.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015