We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I cannot post under my original name.Why?

Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

For some reason I have been unable to post under the name chronus yet I am having no problem after re-registering under the name chronos the 2nd. This began some time early yesterday, I thought it was yet another glitch from PCA which seem to plague this site particularly at the weekend. I tried through IE FF and Chrome but no joy.

I can still log on as chronus but cannot start a thread or post to someone else's.

Anyone want to share their thoughts on this oddity?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

There are a few problems just now with different things and the FE knows about some of them.Probably will not get sorted till tomorrow. Whether yours is one of the problems that he knows about I don't know but now doubt he will read this and add it to whatever list he has. if using I/E try it in compatibility mode and if it is already on that untick it to see if it makes any difference.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

sometimes a change of profile will cure it rather than rejoining as a new member.

i.e. change your username then change back to original

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Thanks for the suggestion Fruit Bat and I will certainly try that but I am also interested in the cause of the problem.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I have also just tried to answer both Jock1e and Fruit Bat via my Nexus 7 as I am a bit bed bound at the moment and on both occasions the posts were not published but instead got the dreaded WE think this is spam message. This is not the first time this has happened this weekend.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I sometimes get the wrong thread title on tab when I go to Page 2 of a thread. Beats me why. Also when a response fails to post I don't get any message at all or I get error message. It's been alright for past couple of weeks though (probably tempting fate by saying that).

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Frustrating when that happens especially when you know that there is no problems with your message.

Just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings.

I must admit it would be nice to have a problem free week now and then.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I must admit it would be nice to have a problem free week now and then

You have got that right,

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I could not sign in last night either but only on I/E.After messing about a bit I went into View.Web page privacy policy and found a few things on there that were disabled.

Most things that were disabled was done by I/E's own security but there were a couple that had the cookies disabled and when I enabled them it worked Ok.

All I was getting was either wrong e-mail address or nothing at all as it would not let you sign in.Fixing the cookie problem made it work.Either that or PCA had fixed itself but if it is I/E that you use and you still can't sign in properly maybe give it a try.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

It has nothing to do with my IE settings,this is the only forum I have so much trouble with.

I have not tried to post today with my original user name as it really does not matter, I can post under my new one and check any old threads on the old one.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Still cannot post under the original user name, so will leave things as they are.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK