We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

A row of Unknown icons above taskbar

ponytail

Likes # 0

On my screen at present on the bottom R/H corner above the task bar is a row of icons and will try to explain what they look like.There are seven the first is a small letter T on a green background the 2nd a small F on a blue background the 3rd I am not sure what the symbol is it could be a small G with a + by the side on a black background the 4th is the word IN on a blue background the 5th looks like the power symbol on a remote control it is red on a white background the 6th says YOU TUBE on a red background ansd the last is a orange square with three curved white lines.There is a X at the beginning of the row.Has anyone else had or got these symbols or knows what they mean.Thought it might be something to do with google

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Is this on the web page or on the desktop? If its only this site then that is the links pop-up for different social media for PCA. If on the desktop then right click and select properties, should give info.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi rdave13 Yes it is actually on the web page and yes it only seems to appear on PCA.When I right click on it and then click on properties it does say PC Advisor and HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy.I do not recall seeing this before has it always appeared and do you get it.Not sure now whether it is on the web site because when I scroll up or down it stays there.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

Arent these shortcuts to Facebook etc,which seem to appear randomly?

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

They are part of the PCA site and as rdave13 suggests they are links to PCA's pages on Twitter, Facebook, GooglePlus etc. No, they were not always there - they are part of the ongoing improvements to this PCA site.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Sea Urchin

Hmm, for improvements, I would have put changes ........ though I know the back-room boys are doing their best.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Yes, it's the new pca bottom of page sticky Social Bar, though mine disappeared a couple of weeks ago and I've not seen it since. I don't get the red bar at top either anymore but I think that pca took that off. I haven't changed anything.....

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

lotvic, I might be wrong, but it doesn't appear now as we run spywareblaster. If you run under compatibility view in IE then it shows up again.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

rdave13, right, that's prob why - I just take pca it as it comes (or not) these days...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...