We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Messages from one e-mail account being forwarded to an outlook.com account

RCMB

Likes # 0

I have several e-mail accounts and use Live Mail (2011) to handle them.

Two of my accounts are associated with my own web-address via 1and 1.co.uk and two are outlook.com ones. When a message is sent to either of the accounts associated with my web address they are received correctly but also appear to be forwarded to one of my outlook accounts.

How do I avoid this?

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

On my web address I have set it to forward it to my home address - look at your web setting to see if you have set this facility up.

Like this post
RCMB

Likes # 0

Thanks wiz-king.

I do not think I have done this. I set up my 1and1 accounts some time ago (and used Outlook Express) I have only recently set up Outlook.com addresses, having changed to a new computer with windows 7.

I have trawled! through 1and1 settings and cannot see anything there. (so complex I will be glad to eventually leave them behind and just use outlook.com

Like this post
RCMB

Likes # 0

Thanks again wiz-king, your comments have eventually led me to the solution!.

When trying to test various possibilities for an e-mail handler to replace outlook express, I had set up outlook.com (with an outlook.com address which I also set to receive my old e-mails).

Since then I have been using livemail as my preferred option, and set that up to receive all my e-mails. Thus my old addresses where being directed directly to livemail, and were also showing up on my outlook.com address.

Problem now solved

Thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips for beginners: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite