We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

.ai 9 to older

fifty-and-some

Likes # 0

How do I convert Adobe Illustrator .9 .ai files into an older version for one of my very expensive but older works programs? Using XP, I have Coral Draw 12 which will not handle v9. I am willing to upgrade this to version that still works with XP, if really required. I don’t want to upgrade PC now, in 18 months the whole requirement will be gone, and a modern portable will be the upgrade. Thank you

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

This might be of use to see them: ClickHere "a little trick: you can rename an AI file from SampleArtFile.ai to SampleArtFile.pdf and open it in the PDF viewer of your choice - like, say, Foxit Reader" and then it goes on to 'What if want to have them editable'

Like this post
fifty-and-some

Likes # 0

Worked a treat, and Foxit is a great program. Thank you

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings