We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Do I have Java Installed

ponytail

Likes # 0

I keep getting a message coming up in the task bar saying Java update available.Have looked but cannot see Java in all my programs.How can I tell if it is installed. This is in ref to my post of Oct.2nd titled what are these Bullguard error messages about.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

You almost certainly have Java installed otherwise the updater notification wouldn't be appearing. Go to Java Website and download the latest version which is Java 7 Update 7.

You may find that the udate being offered on your computer is Java 6.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Taff thanks for the reply do you know why I cannot see Java anywhere on my PC.If it is installed surely there must be a reference to it somewhere.It is not listed in all programs.Any ideas.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Which Operating System? It is listed on all three of my devices. (XP, Vista and Windows 7) G to Control Panel and look for Java icon. (Not in all programs although it should be there.)

Anoother thought. Open All Programs and give it a minute to list them all. Some programs take this long to be recognised.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

It should show in Control panel.Or Add remove.Try looking through your add ons.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger