We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

email problem

carnoustiejim

Likes # 0

hi my friend reinstalled windows 7 im trying to reconnect my windows live email account can you tell me how to do it as io had some emails i need thanks kirriejim my broadband is with talktalk

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

You need to find your Talk Talk info and look up the settings for your POP Mail Server and user name as well as the Outgoing Server SMTP settings. These details need to be entered as your account settings. Perhaps a Talk Talk user out there can be more helpful ?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Sign in.Windows live hotmail.Just put your windows live mail password and e-mail address on it.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

A bit puzzled by your question. You have a friend that has re-installed 7 and you ask " im trying to reconnect my windows live email account can you tell me how to do it as io had some emails i need thanks kirriejim my broadband is with talktalk"

Why did your 'friend' re-install Windows 7 on your PC in the first place?

Ask your friend to sort it, is the best advice I can give. That's what friends are for, isn't it?

Like this post
carnoustiejim

Likes # 0

hi guys thanks for info the reason im asking is my friend has left on hols i thought i could open up windows live and enter my password etc and it would connect me to my email account rather than wait for him to return thanks again kirriejim

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If you've installed 'Live Essentials' including Live Mail then you should be able to log in to your 'Live account'. It's 'cloud' based and you can do it on any PC. That's why I am puzzled by your question.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

rdave13 - I think that the OP has a talktalk email address and uses Windows Live Mail to access it.

We will need to know if your account is with talktalk and then, if that is the case, then you will need to input your settings as iscanut has stated.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Not sure if I should post this but freely available on Godoogle, Duw it was hard.

Hope it helps.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014