We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Runtime Error 217 at 5003C0B5 and Many Browsers

mcheathen

Likes # 0

I have two issues with my PC which might be related. It goes slow when I go on-line. When I look at what is running via taskbar I see several IE browsers some of them using up a lot of memory sometimes as much as 300,000k or more. Yet there may be only one or two in use and the tabs are not shown for those that are supposed to be running.

When I go to a different website of when a browser is closed I get the following message in a small box:

Runtime Error 217 at 5003C0B5.

Can I fix this for free or do I have to purchase a cleaner prog such as 'SpeedyPC'? which costs about £26

Like this post
mcheathen

Likes # 0

@Woodchip, Yes it was the same link, but I had another read at narrative.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Woolwell

problems with your first click here at 6.48 pm.This from WOT.

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/instant-registry-fixes.org?utmsource=addon&utmcontent=warn-viewsc

Also My Eset Security jumped in and blocked the site.

Normaly if only WOT was the problem I could understand that, they are not always correct but both of the reacting at the same time makes me worry a bit.

14/09/2012 22:29:09 HTTP filter file http://www.bridgton.com/building-a-solid-naples-causeway-bridge-to-last HTML/Iframe.B.Gen virus connection terminated - quarantined-PC\ Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ad Muncher\AdMunch.exe.

Not sure why AdMucher should have triggered it so checked the C:\Program Files (x86)\Ad Muncher\AdMunch.exe file out with Eset and Emisoft with no problems.

Anyway thought that I would mention it just in case there was anything downloadable on the site.

That was the Eset log that I received.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Just tried Woodchips click here and it was the same so presume it was the same site.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Jock1e There is a click here at the bottom of the page on the link but otherwise it appears to be safe and my antivirus (which immediately blocks any unsafe site) didn't raise any objections.

Like this post
aron.hugos

Likes # 0

Hi, regmender.com helps me fix the error, hope this information helps you, too.

Like this post
aron.hugos

Likes # 0

Hi, i suggest you try download and install an anti-virus, use it to scan your computer totally. If it doesn't work, visit for more ways:How To Fix Runtime Error 217

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia