We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Laptop won't start (bad system info)

KorgY

Likes # 0

Hello

My Samsung laptop running 64 bit w7 won't start now. It gets as far as the start up screen, then I get blue screen with info:

Bad-system-config-info

Now I've done the "repair" and also tried a restore from the w7 dust (normal system restore) but it just goes round in circles and I can't start it.

Can I do something else (save doing a format or image recovery etc, as not backed up since June.

Thank you.

Korgy

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Most of time that means that one of your sticks of RAM has gone bad or you have changed one of the ram sticks and the new one you put in is not compatible with motherboard and the other sticks of ram. Take them out and try them one by one to identify the bad stick.

Like this post
KorgY

Likes # 0

I've done a "men" test and seems ok on that issue.

Like this post
KorgY

Likes # 0

Finally got it to work by various methods and "trial and error". Using a combination of norton ghost, and staring in dos mode with "sfc /scan now" prompt (after looking on 7 forums).

It's fine now. Is there anyway to "force" a system restore though, ? As when it doesn't work, it's usually when you need it most (list all my fonts for example)

Korgy

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks