We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCAdvisor Search ?? Facility

compumac

Likes # 0

I have been trying to use the PCAdvisor search facility that came up with an number of postings. I only wished to see the last months postings, but whichever option I selected Past week, past month, past six months and past year I receive the same list of postings commencing with a posting dated 18th September 2006!!!

What can I be doing wrong?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It's not you. It's not working for me. Suspect a PCA glitch, temporary I hope.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Are you sure it has not always been like that.I know that I have searched quite a few times and have had the exact same problem as yourself.

I have commented on it before.You look for something within the last 6 months say,And you may have to go back years to find it.

Mind you it has been a while since I have used it so maybe it has changed a bit since then.

Typed Woolwell into it and it gives 34 posts for the last week but it only shows one.The rest are 1 year or more ago.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

use google search instead. replace the xxx's with your search term and then left of google under 'More Search Tools' you can choose your dates.

xxxxxx xxxxxx site:pcadvisor.co.uk/forums

Like this post
Zeppelyn

Likes # 0

Exactly the same here too, was looking for some posts regarding pdf creators but gave up in the end as was only looking for the mosts recent posts,

Like this post
X7-250

Likes # 0

before selecting 'past week/month' change the order from 'relevancy' to 'date'

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

X7-250 has the answer. You need to select 'date' in the "order results by" option before selecting the time period.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Well that certainly fixed that problem.I always just clicked on last week or month.Thanks X7-250 for the update on how to use it properly.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Relevancy/Date has a priority over the date order and I would have thought that logically that the choice between relevance/date should come first (further up the page) before deciding date range.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Woolwell

I would have thought the same maybe they need shifting.Date at the top then choose how far you want to go back.

At least we know how it works now.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...