We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Resurrection from the Bricked- a revision of my earlier Tablet discussion

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Resurrection from the Bricked as they say in the tablet world- in other words its bu*ed

Attempts at recovering from a boot failure. looks like a have managed to delete the whole system on a MoMo11

Looking at it as if it were a PC architecture then what I have now is the BIOS telling me to load a system disk- or in Android parlance from Micro SD card.

So I am looking around the usual places for say Ice Cream Sandwich download and as far as I can see there is isn't one.

So whats next?

Could I for example load a Linux distro - say Ubuntu or similar? And would this have the necessary to work the touch screen?

Like this post
beynac

Likes # 0

You could try this link

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

You may need a program to flash Android to the machine

Have read at here

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Manufacturers sometimes put a customised version of Android on their tablets. You have tried a factory reset after a series of problems and have ended up with a brick. Suggest that it is now time to bite the bullet and return the tablet under warranty before they can claim that unauthorised software is the problem.

Like this post
T0SH

Likes # 0

Try this link for firmware update and how to from the suppliers site(I have not personally tried it though)

http://www.gtrelectronics.co.uk/downloads-and-firmware.php

Cheers HC

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Thank you Woolwell

I am I must admit 'torn on this'I conasider I broke it but I have contacted the supplier -An Amazon Market place member therefore possibly a 'box-shifter' and await their response.

Meanwhile on this very site in the How to pages I came across this

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/mobile-phone/3367391/how-install-ice-cream-sandwich-on-your-kindle-fire/

Hmmm.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Thank you all for the valuable links I am at this stage building a file and doing a loy of reading and thinking before committing- Especially as the supplier is still in the frame- I hope

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Thank you all for the valuable links I am at this stage building a file and doing a loy of reading and thinking before committing- Especially as the supplier is still in the frame- I hope

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Thank you all for the links to GTR

And the Amazon Android Forum

Gary seems a good guy to have around,

He responded literally over night to my plea with the appropriates- which I have downloaded and printed off the instruction sheet.

I am all ready to go- but my computer isn't - its Linux Ubuntu and does not hack .rar files so it looks like I will h ave to put all the files on a USB drive and get across to a chum with a Windoze machine

That won't be until sometime next week.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I don't think that Windows opens rar files without downloading a program. You should be able to do the same for Linux.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Woolwell

ou are right

The program is live suit

Doesnt woek on Linus unforunately unless CrossOver is installed - here they want beer tokens-

So I reckon I'll wait

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

The Samsung Gear VR is better than the Oculus Rift (kinda)

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today