We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is mswares2010.co.uk a legit site?

arahman

Likes # 0

I was looking to buy a windows 7 licence and would like to know if mswares2010.co.uk is a legit site. There is no UK contact and the prices are too good to be true, also if you look through some terms they sound like they're foreign. Please Help.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

There is (1) no UK contact and the prices are too good to be true, (2) also if you look through some terms they sound like they're foreign.

This Click here will explain (1) & (2),

If something is too good to be true, It ain't..

Like this post
arahman

Likes # 0

So it isn't a legit site?

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Like Lazarus said... I'd stay well clear of it.

Like this post
arahman

Likes # 0

Thanks for your advice, can you tell me where would be the cheapest for a windows 7 licence? I need to install it on a mac

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

The scam is they sell a valid product key, but it is the same key they sell over and over again. Even if you managed to activate at first, eventually it fails authentication as Microsoft catch up with too many on the same licence and ban the key and you get the 'Not genuine - contact Microsoft' message.

Here is a site you can trust for information and the official Microsoft Ditigal River Download urls should you wish to burn your own DVD http://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/14-windows-7-direct-download-links

The cheapest licence is to buy an OEM Version from Amazon

Like this post
arahman

Likes # 0

Thanks lotvic, I might get the home premium. is there anywhere cheaper than that and do you think it's going any cheaper as windows 8 is coming out?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You could download W7 and use it for 120 days for free while you make your mind up about W8.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Windows 8 is going to be about £45 and will be out shortly.Not sure if you can prebook from amazon or not but I think you can.

There will also be an update version for about £25 that will be available from the Internet.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

MSwares's ".co.uk" web suffix is misleading, the site is based in China.

Look at this: website.informer.com

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room