We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

cannot delete

Ozy

Likes # 0

Athlon 1800 self build I installed Windows 8 release, later I installed Windows 8 enterprise on a different partition. I no longer wanted Windows 8 release, I tried to uninstall it, First I went into msconfig/ boot, and deleted windows 8 release, right click it in computer I tried format, it would not let me format, Tried “manage” format was greyed out Tried “baleric “ that also was greyed out Click computer, click win 8 release, started to delete what was inside, deleted user,tried to delete windows old, program files , windows, It would not let me . Now I am stuck with something I cannot boot, and cannot delete. Can someone please give me a “command prompt” line, So I can delete this “H” partition

Read more: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/29/windows-8-help/4176317/cannot-delete-windows-8/#ixzz28BMaq4uq

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Sorry can't help you and not sure if this is any good to you but it is free till tomorrow.

http://www.unlockwindows.com/unlimited-free-download/

Not got a clue about this.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/2755-command-prompt-boot-startup-windows-8-a.html

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Bung in a replacement Hard Drive and Format the old one.

I'm sure there's a good reason why you can't do that, but that's what I'd try first.

Like this post
daxian

Likes # 0

hi ..... have you tried the install disk for windows ...gives the option to delete partitions during setup ...not sure for win 8 ,but it is there for win 7 ???

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

A bit beyond me, but I found this that might be of use ClickHere to sort the MBR out:

"You cannot simply go on and format the Windows 8 drives to remove it from your system. It will only result in an unbootable computer"

Like this post
Ozy

Likes # 0

iotvic that is a very useful thing to know, i wish magazines would print more of things like that. what i did do before i read it, iput the hard drive in an enclosure and formated it on another puter, put it back in installed Vista on another partition , which booted,and reinstalled enterprise if i had read your post, it would have saved me all that thank you

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen