We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Won on the lottery - best PC to buy?

compumac

Likes # 0

I have won twice on the National Lottery in the past two weeks, and would ask as to recommendations for the best PC to purchase. I work on Excel Spreadsheets, Word documents, browse the internet and e-mail mainly. I do not bother with games.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Snap! Me too, but I had already recently bought a nice new laptop - from Novatech, a NNB-929H (i5 2450M - 4Gb - 500Gb - Win7, to which I have added a further 4Gb RAM.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

In addition to the laptop, I purchased the Pro versions of my favorite Software including PDF Converter Pro and the complete latest Nero.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

ps That was for desktops. For a laptop try a Macbook.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I won last week ~~~ But only a Tenner! ~~~ Back to the Drawing Board.

p.s. If you had just won the lottery ~~~~ you'd have some Flunky doing your Spread Sheets for you.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

wee eddie

There are 'wins' and there are 'wins', in my case it was a handsome four-figure sum, followed by a very good two-figure sum, but not enough to be life-changing!

But I don't have any worries this year about meeting all my heating bills etc.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Have you thought of going Mac.

That 27" All-in-One with M$ Office-for-Mac has to be the Game Maker.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

wee eddie Two x £2.50 is not enough to employ a flunky,- come to that it will only buy two coffees. I might have to lower my sights for a new PC for the time being. As Nontek says "there are wins and there are wins", mine nust have been the second one. BUT - I am on a winning streak!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

See the festive spots creative companies have released for Christmas

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad