We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What is it with the PCA site?

TonyV
Resolved

Likes # 1

The site seems to load in a very strange way and it always now spits and starts and jumps all over the place.

I have a iMAC with Mountain Lion and Safari 6.0.1. No matter what I do, it never seems smooth in its operation.

It works, but I get giddly trying to see where the pages are going to with their jumping up and down. Is it because of the various adverts or is there something more fundamental to the/my problem?

Cheers

TonyV

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The red bar does indeed seem to have gone - good.

Hyperlinks are red but that should not affect the speed of the site in any way.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Woolwell

It has been pitifully slow this evening, but has speeded up again just now. The red links may have a slowing down effect since they appear to be opening a myriad of adverts. On one of my missives, the 7.41 above, the word Power was in red and hovering over it an advert came up for Windows 7! So it seems we must now be careful what we write because the words will trigger adverts!!!

TonyV

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

great news pca working as fast as any other web site today. well done pca for fixing the treacle bug.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Not quite you could get into others profiles to see if they were new users or old ones.I can only get into my own just now.

No problem with that maybe that is the way it should be.Just different that's all.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

TonyV

I had to download an ad blocker to stop the adverts.At least they are in red and easily seen so just a matter of scrolling round them I suppose.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Hyperlinks are red but that should not affect the speed of the site in any way."

Exactly. All we have done is alter the colour of the hyperlinks that you include in your posts - they used to be pale blue which wasn't so easy to spot, so we changed to red. Nothing else has changed - they are hyperlinks posted by forum contributors, not ads.

Like this post
alB*

Likes # 0

FE in your post above, the word colour is in red, hovering over this word triggers an advert for Microsoft store, this is what I meant and not posters hyperlinks to other websites ...alB

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I also got ads once the link was opened.The first one I scrolled over was I believe for W/7.Now that was a couple of days ago so not sure if it is just the same or back to normal.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

alB*

Apologies, I misunderstood.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Ignore last not getting them now.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips for beginners: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite