We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What is it with the PCA site?

TonyV
Resolved

Likes # 1

The site seems to load in a very strange way and it always now spits and starts and jumps all over the place.

I have a iMAC with Mountain Lion and Safari 6.0.1. No matter what I do, it never seems smooth in its operation.

It works, but I get giddly trying to see where the pages are going to with their jumping up and down. Is it because of the various adverts or is there something more fundamental to the/my problem?

Cheers

TonyV

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

onthelimit1

I hardly ever use the Windows Laptop now and prefer the iMAC, despite the problems I had initially. However, I still like to have a look on here just in case something crops up that I could help with or maybe of use to me.

But I am now beginning to get a wee bit miffed about its' operation these days.

People mention about the adverts, but in the past these have never been a problem to me because I used to set the screen size that hid the ones on the side panels. But the performance of the site does leave a little bit to be desired!

Even posting is becoming an adventure!

Cheers

TonyV

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If you disable Java Script in the Browser you are using for PCA site only, you will see a Positive difference

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

woodchip,

Yeah, but how do I do that on an iMAC!

Woolwell

I have never needed that sort of software on the MAC and am not too happy about installing anything of that nature now since every where else I visit I don't get the problems. Equally so the red lines and bars infest my window over a lot of the text.

Cheers

TonyV

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

The site became very slow as usual over the weekend, and I put it down to the normal weekend blues.

However, this week it did not speed up again on Monday as usual and remains painfully slow.

It is not so much of a pleasure any more.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

morddwyd

You are so right!

TonyV

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

Woodchip

Have seen how to uncheck Java, but it takes it off totally not for a specific site. Not what I want!

TonyV

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

The floating red bar has vanished. FF15.

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

muddypaws

I have noticed that. It has also vanished in Safari. Maybe that was what was causing the problem and The powers that be at PCA Towers have had second thoughts about having it on the site.

Cheers

TonyV

Like this post
alB*

Likes # 0

Another thing I have noticed lately on threads is "in-text adverts" on certain words that are red, I wonder if these affect the speed of the site in any way ...alB

Like this post
TonyV

Likes # 0

alB*

I get the impression there are a lot of things going on in the background which are making the site a bit more difficult to use.

From memory, it seems the site has been going down hill when they did a major change something like a year or more ago and it has never really got over that dose of indigestion! We were asked to bear with them whilst they got all the glitches and problems resolved, but, I have to say, it is taking an awful lot longer to get it correct than even PCA Towers must have planned for.

TonyV

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK