We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

what are these Bullguard Error Messages about

ponytail

Likes # 0

Ikeep getting the following two messages from Bullguard.

JS;EXPLOIT.JS.AGENT.AR

EXPLOIT.CVE-2012-4696.GEN.

Does anyone know what they are and what they can do.

Bullguard put them into quarantine and I have deleted them.

How do I stop them in future.

I run regular scans with Bullguard and Malwarebytes

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Info here enter link description here for first one but can't find anything for 2nd message.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 1

2nd one

http://www.bitdefender.com/VIRUS-1000652-en--Exploit-CVE-2011-3402-Gen.html

maybe you should have left them in Quarantine just in case they were false positives.

Always safer that way and if your computer still works Ok a fortnight later then delete them.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 1

JS probably stands for Java script make sure you have the latest update for it and remove the old version first before downloading the latest version.

Like this post
anniesboy

Likes # 1

Why don't you contact Bullguard Support,its free and in my experience,they resond quite quickly

Like this post
AndreuTZa

Likes # 0

There was a javascript that was running suspicious tasks on your computer which was stopped and quarantined. Try and see if you have any browser add-ons or extensions that you did not install yourself and remove those (if any).

You can also contact [email protected] and someone from our Support Team will retrieve the sample from the quarantine to send it to our Virus Lab. This investigation will allow us to tell you more about this infection.

Best regards, Andreea-Luciana Ostache Senior Support Technician BullGuard www.bullguard.com [email protected]

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...