We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help please. Lost Real Player from XP after download

bessacarr

Likes # 0

It's gone completely from my PC and I cannot get it back. It downloads OK then when it comes to write files to my PC it gets about half way in and then it all disappears. I am left without anything.

I have tried different versions from different site and cannot get Real Player back.

I have a laptop with it on and went into C.programes and copied it onto my PC, but then it said it neede PNCRT.dll to work. Also it did not show up anywhere as beingon my PC.

What can I do to get it back & working please, I am lost without my real player as I love youtube downloads.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Cant help you with real player but you could use VLC which is better and free.

http://www.videolan.org/index.html

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

The problem is the copy from c.Programs does not contain the installation files, which you need to put on a different PC.

Completely remove Real player from the PC using a program - see link enter link description hereto remove it completely, it should then load OK

Terry

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

I think what Terry meant to say as well was after completely removing all traces, download it and reinstall.

Like this post
bessacarr

Likes # 0

Iscanut

There is no trace of it anywhere already. When I try and get it from wherever I have tried on web, it downloads OK but then it only gets half way installing and stops and completely disappears.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Do you have Ccleaner? Then I'd run the registry cleaner in it, reboot and try installing RP again. Click Here.

Like this post
bessacarr

Likes # 0

Did try everything you all suggested but nothing worked.

Yesterday I was in Yahoo page and it gave me a message saying that my internet explorer was outdated (although I thought I had IE8 - which is for XP). However, I renewed this and then I thought I'd just try one last time to get Real Player back on - and wheyhey it has worked and it is all up & running.

Thanksfor everyone's advice, and I hope if anyone has same trouble and reads this it helps them to sort it.

Like this post
bessacarr

Likes # 0

NOW SORTED cannot find the box to tick to state this like there used to be.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Thanks for the feed back and glad you're sorted. Never knew RP depended on Internet Explorer.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Click on one of the big grey ticks at the right of one of the posts and it will turn green. Next time page is refreshed Thread will be marked 'resolved'

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G vs Nokia Lumia 530 comparison: What's the best budget smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer