We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Malwarebytes keeps ending free trial?

buel

Likes # 0

Hi, My friend has downloaded the free version of Malwarebytes but it keeps saying that his free trial has come to an end. Please can someone help me help him to get the 'proper' Malwarebytes that is free and isn't a trial? Thank you.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

I think that you're downloading the wrong product. The 14 Day Trial is for the "Pro" Version.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Like this post
Eric10

Likes # 0

I think this may be a case of clicking buttons without reading what's on the screen. When you get to the last screen of the setup program for the free version there are 3 check boxes, all of which are ticked:

Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO

Update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

All your friend needs to do is to remove the tick from the "Enable free trial" box before clicking the "Finish" button.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Mind you. I've had the free version for years and got a message a couple of weeks ago saying that my free trial version was ending. I just clicked it off and haven't seen it since, and it still seems to be working.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

As BT, my "Free Trial " came to an end and everything just carried on as normal re the free version. Buel, just download and install the free version as per Lotvics info.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone