We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Printer ink - Epson Picturemate T557

badgermansix

Likes # 0

Hello, I have had this Epson Picturemate T557 for a few years, and have always been very pleased with the results, using Epson Original Ink. However, I now need to look at the cost of this ink, so my question is:- Has anyone used a "compatible" ink for this printer, and got equally good results that they could recommend?

Thank yo.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Can't really speak for your Epson but I had a HP Photosmart for 6 years and used nothing else but compatibles. They always gave good results and personally I couldn't see any difference. I have only recently changed to a Samsung Colour Laser because my HP had come to the end of its working life.

Like this post
badgermansix

Likes # 0

northumbria61 ; Thanks for your info. I'll wait to see if there are any further inputs.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

My experience of "cheap" compatables for Epson (not your model) was poor. Cartridges not recognised, poor print quality etc. The only brand I now use (for the last 5 years in two different Epsons) are Jettec which come with a full warranty. Not the cheapest around although many Jettecs have up to 100% more capacity than the originals.

Like this post
badgermansix

Likes # 0

mooly, thank you also for your input, I think it will be a hit or miss with compatables so I'll forget about using them.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more