We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Epson R220 not used for 2 years, could it be dead?

Electronic_Eric

Likes # 0

Hi,

I have an Epson Stylus Photo R220 printer. I used this printer all of the time when i first bought it but i've not used it at all for a couple of years and now i want to start using it again. I attempted to print a test page to see if the print head has clogged up but black ink is too low and won't allow me to print it out.

When i previously used the printer, i only bought genuine ink because i liked the printer and didn't want it to die on me so quickly like all of my previous printers because of clogged up print heads.

Now, i'm unsure on whether i should buy a new black ink and hope for the best or whether i should scrap the printer because the print head is more than likely to be clogged up.

So the question is, how likely do you all think the print head is clogged up?

Cheers for your opinions in advance.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

I also have old epsons that have not been used which worked The only way is to try it with a set of cheap compatibles give a good head clean and see what happens

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Personally I would buy and try a new black cartridge first because it is cheaper than buying a new printer.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Not sure if this might be of any help?.

http://www.inkproducts.com/epson-printhead-removal.htm

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

But when you consider that Argos are selling an Epson printer scanner for £35 quid.....?

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Oh yes, I forgot ...and it's wireless!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have a look here, click here. Worth a try for a little cost.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more