We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Android Tablet failing to complete boot seqyence

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

The boot sequence has 3 parts on this Tablet[Are they all the same?]

1.The small Icon.

2 The full screen Android screen.

3 The Android words with rolling light/dark.

It then booted to the 'Unlock page'

Firstly it dropped the unlock stage and went straight to desk top.

Several days later it would not go beyond stage 3

Several 'Resets' make no difference

Next move please.

Tablet is - *Ployer MoMo 11*

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Is there a reset to factory conditions? But probably better to make a warranty claim.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Before going bleating to the suppler- which I will in due time- I've only had it a month so plenty of time.

Have searching the web for potential causes- and several reports suggested that Android is wide open to Virus/Malware,.

If this is so and assuming it could be a possible explanation- what would be the next move>

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I'm think hardware failure rather than a virus. You can put a anti-virus program on Android as an app. I've used AVG.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Gotcha yer beast

Trawling the many forums, I came cross a user with the same tablet.

One response asked you did 'xxxx' when re booting didn't you,talking as if every one knows what todo.

So OK I'll gave that a try and it worked it all came back.

What is this magic trick?

Why press volume control whilst it reboots- Some talbets respond to pressing the camera release for similar events.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Having got it going- when I came to boot up for the next session it went back to the Android logo and stopped as before

Tried the the Volume control trick and got the recovery page with the Android Icon laying down to be inspected.

But so many option- try them one by one I guess the ultimate being - factory reset- which then will have to reload all the Apps-, Oh well better get on with it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features