We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Fan on gpu does not speed up automatially when card under load

firestorm6

Likes # 0

My graphics card has started to get a lot hotter than it was,have noticed that the fan does not speed up when under load.It is a nvidia 280 gtx card.I can speed the fan up manually in riva tuner and this keeps it cool.How do i get it back to the settings that automatically made it go faster,I have tried the auto setting in riva tuner to no avail.Does it have something to do with the nvidia control panel? I have tried to changed the actual speed of the fan in this but it will not let me.It does not have an auto option for the speed of the fan.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

It needs to be synchronized to the motherboard but as I don't use Riva Tuner, look under the help section, as you must have changed the settings somewhere.

Like this post
firestorm6

Likes # 0

Have looked through the bios nothing there,i think it all gors through the nvidia software,e.g. the control panel but cannot change it in that either.Have seen vids on you tube where people have option to change it.Dont know how to reinstall it as have lastest drivers just installed and it comes with them,i thought it might be corrunpted but its a new clean insatll and still no luck.Any other ideas?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I've an ASUS card and comes with a disc with SmartDoctor where I can set the fan manually or sync with mobo. Nvidia control panel doesn't come with fan control for me with the latest driver. Only other thing I can think of is to check the card is seated properly and the power connections are also okay.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Remove it from Add Remove in Control Panel, it will not remove the drivers as its being used then reinstall Software using the Original CD

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia